Thanksgiving & Gratitude

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

Matee
option_firstname:

Thanksgiving & Gratitude

Post by Matee » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:51 am

“I know that every experience can offer me a gift. All I have to do is be willing to look at my situation in the light of gratitude.”
As this holiday season kicks off, I need to be acutely aware of the many simple gifts that come my way multiple times on a daily basis. I need to allow for mindful recognition of those with an abundance of gratitude. NOT so easy yet, through practice, can be my reflexive application to mind, body, and spirit. When dealing with loved ones in active or recovering addiction, there are no promises other than those we make to ourselves. Our gift of gratitude comes wrapped in the guidance of Al-Anon and Nar-Anon. Even has our name tag on it! I wish all of you fellow travelers a Thanksgiving filled with moments of grace and peace. (And a tummy full of your special feast)
PEACE. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Re: Thanksgiving & Gratitude

Post by vscook » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:55 am

I am very grateful for this forum, its members, and the Nar-anon program. Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Jade11
option_firstname:

Re: Thanksgiving & Gratitude

Post by Jade11 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:26 pm

I am grateful to have this program and all of you!! I am grateful for my family and my health. I pray you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.