All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

belkar1
option_firstname: Carmen

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth

Post by belkar1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:40 am

Morning peeps,

Yes, the holidays are here. Happy Turkey Day !!!!!!, and Christmas is right around the corner. This is the time when it seams that stress and dust bunnies seam to multiply.

I have learned over the years to KEEP IT SIMPLE

As long as I have food on my table, a roof over my head, heat, lights, my hubby. Life in my world is EXCELLENT !!!!! Their have been years when AS was in jail, like this year. Hubby was ill, like this year, my extended family was absent like this year.
I have learned that as much as time marches on, some things repeat.

So what's different in my world ? ME

Our Santa parade is this week end. Hubby and I joined a service club, and he is leading the parade !!!!! with Snoopy as his side kick. He is excited for this new experience. He found a piece of JOY, and I get to experience him smiling !!!!!!!

Our Granddaughter will be with us, and for the first time our Great nieces. We get to have three teen girls for the weekend :shock: we have never had that experience. 15, 14, 13. Then a few babies thrown in for good measure :lol:
I will break tradition and put up our little tree, the girls will help. I believe now that every extra pair of hands is a gift. I do not have to do this alone and have everything perfect !!!! Its OK

Perfect, was really only in my mind. It was the way to create stress in my world. Well I am happy to report that stress is a hobby I gave up. I found a much more healthy one, one that gives me pleasure.

I remember one Christmas when Hubby brought home the most ugly tree. I has horrified, it really was slim pickings at the tree lot on Christmas eve. I got angry, he was hurt, in Hungarian tradition Santa brings the tree. The kids go to bed, and when they wake up Christmas morning Christmas has arrived. I thought at the time it would be ruined, IT WAS NOT !!!!! those silly expectations, of perfect :roll:

With the girls coming, Hubby in the parade, AS alive, guess what? that is perfect in my world. They are here, they are alive, and I get to fill my world with JOY.

I can remember that Christmas passed when we were weighting for our first born's TWO FRONT TEETH. Today I look back with found memories, grateful I have them.
This year I will return in my heart to a simple place, visit for a while, and with gratitude acknowledge how blessed I am today. I have learned how keeping it simple, is my perfect.

Love
Belkar

roadrunner
option_firstname:

Re: All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth

Post by roadrunner » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:53 am

Thank you Belkar for such a great message - Keeping it simple - living in Joy - no stress - nothing is "perfect" - love it and love the timing of this post. I am grateful for my family (though I won't be with them this weekend), grateful for my "family of choice" whom I love dearly, grateful for MY recovery, grateful for life itself and all the things HP has given me and all the things HP has taken away. Thank you again. Paula

janiemarie
option_firstname:

Post by janiemarie » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:28 am

Such a beautiful share! Thank you!
It all sounds like the 'perfect' recipe for a peaceful joyous holiday for you and yours!!
My granddaughter is quite toothless now and has been singing this song!
Such a gift!
“And this too, shall pass away.” How much it expresses! How chastening in the hour of pride! How consoling in the depths of affliction!”
--- Abraham Lincoln

slm219
option_firstname: Sharon

Post by slm219 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:56 pm

Oh my goodness Carmen.....I needed this reminder today!
With age and the help of this program, I also have given up on perfection for the holidays and have learned to be grateful for all that I do have. Preparing for 16 tomorrow and instead of whining about it and getting all nuts......well I am actually looking forward to it. YAY!!!!
As for the days gone by and we were all here......I will always have my memories.....and now we are making new ones.
Hugs and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Sharon
Even a small star shines in the darkness.

Knappster
option_firstname: Joan

Post by Knappster » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Great share. Thanks for reminding us we DO have a lot to be thankful for!

Joan

hopefulNE
option_firstname: Pat

Post by hopefulNE » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:00 am

Carmen,
So true!
No more perfection at my house or in my holidays. As you said, it was all in my head anyway. I too am glad I have given up that stress.
Enjoy your girls (!!!!) and your parade!
Snoopy rocks!!!
TYFS,
Pat
"Keep Calm and Carry On" - British Ministry of Information, WWII

MATT'S MOM
option_firstname: Sue

Post by MATT'S MOM » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:51 am

Thank you Carmen, it so helps to be thankful doesn't it.

linda.f
option_firstname:

Post by linda.f » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:27 am

Great share!

One of my favorite tools of the program is try and 'keep it simple'.

As we say it's a simple program for complicated people.
Live-love-laugh

Linda.f

NeoMom
option_firstname:

Post by NeoMom » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Keeping it simple...I love that idea!

I have a tendency to want everything perfect but lately it's just doesn't seem to matter.
It's the simple pleasures that matter and bring joy.

I'm really happy to hear that your weekend will be filled with Love & Joy :D

Enjoy!

_/\_
"Embrace the glorious mess that you are" E.Gilbert

flash
option_firstname:

Post by flash » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:09 am

TYFS. I love the reminder to Keep it Simple.
I gave up perfection long ago.
I have friends now that laugh at my laid back nature. If something's out of place or doesn't get done "oh well".
I was asked the other day if I used to get mad at my kids for leaving things around when they were little.
I couldn't remember. I guess we hold on to the memories that are important and the others do fade.
Will always try to remember to "Keep it Simple"
(3 teenage girls - oh my!)
Happy times!
Love, Donna