In Need Of Some Extra Prayers

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

asde
option_firstname: Ashley

In Need Of Some Extra Prayers

Post by asde » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:39 pm

My ABF is 25 days sober and as we approach 30 days, it keeps getting harder for him. I am worried, but I know it is not on me to get him to the 30 day mark. Only he can do that work. I am just hoping and praying he gets there. He hasn't been sober this long since he started using. Today I'm feeling proud.

DesertFlower
option_firstname:

Re: In Need Of Some Extra Prayers

Post by DesertFlower » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:42 pm

Glad you're feeling good about your ABF's progress. To see them working on their Disease brings hope.
When we give what they're doing, using or sober, to our HP, whatever is to come-- is off our shoulders and we have the wonderful gift of allowing our HP to be in control. Of our ALO's and of us and our lives.
When I got into this program 3 yrs ago, one particularly tough day, I got on my knees and asked my HP (God and Jesus) to take the worry and daily concern of my RAS, from me, I felt a lightness.
To know in our hearts that we have no control over our addict's that we love so much, we can look at whatever stage of their disease they're in and be hopeful and thankful. When I pray for others every night, I include all the wonderful people who deal with addiction, whether they are the addict's, or those that love them. We are all valuable!
The only constant in life.... is change.