insane and overbearing

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

YouKnowSSS
option_firstname:

insane and overbearing

Post by YouKnowSSS » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:45 pm

help.....it's hard to see God's plan in all of this.....

simplemom
option_firstname:

Re: insane and overbearing

Post by simplemom » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:10 pm

Patience...keep an open mind

Working the steps
Going to meetings
Investing in literature
Reaching out to others who understand....you are here!

Takes time and a willingness to look deep within yourself as to the role each one of us has as a part in a loved one's addiction.

Keep coming back!
Karen (simplemom)
"I am not afraid of storms, I am learning to sail my own ship."
Louise May Alcott

flash
option_firstname:

Post by flash » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:22 am

We never know.
GOD's plan that is.
I guess we are not meant to.
Hard to understand yet here we are - left with unanswered questions and why?
I hope you find some peace
Love, Donna

Heart2Dust
Location: Monroe, Ok. Down n the boondocks way old in the country with the cows and the coyoates lol
option_firstname: Joy

Post by Heart2Dust » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:13 pm

Trust in your HP, mine is JESUS.
It is SO HARD I know, dealing
With AD's for years and years.
Finally after 16yrs. Of battling,
God FINALLY got ahold of me,
And said look Joy, I'm taking them
Alway from you. You love them more then me.
That was a MIND blower.
He did too. I haven't heard from them in about a year.
I went through Bell & back.
Mentally, physically, so depressed.
Suicidal to the max.
I am a 66 year old lady all alone
Never have I been completely
Alone, physically. But Ty JESUS
For your words, that I stand on with all
My HEART. He says in his word
"I will NEVER leave you or forsake you."
Also, He says," I will NEVER GIVE YOU ANYTHING
YOU CAN'T HANDLE"all u have to do is ask me.
God is good. Heart2Dust :P

Claytonmomof2
option_firstname:

Post by Claytonmomof2 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:52 pm

The past few months have been the worst of my life, and I've had some pretty rough ones along the way. In those months I've had no choice but to rely on my higher power which for me is God. I've had to learn that faith and fear don't co-exist. I'm having to recognize that this is God's plan and the current situation that I find myself in is God's will for me right now. Maybe 10 years from now I'll know why, but it's certainly not clear to me today. I never thought I'd be in the situation I find myself in today, but here I am... not of my own choosing...and here my kids are, not of their own choosing either. I'm learning to accept this situation for what it is. I'm also learning to surround myself with those that can understand and that have the same goals for my family that I do. That means making new friends and finding new support, like this forum. I'm hopeful but am learning to release my expectations of how this situation may unfold. It's not in my power and I've handed it over to God. It's helped me to understand that I didn't cause this (which I knew, but didn't really KNOW), I can't control this (which I knew, but didn't apply it to my everyday life) and I can't cure this (which again I knew, but had hoped to assist with this process). Let Go and Let God. This situation is far bigger than me.... and as I come to that realization, what a relief. I simply just have to exist for today. I don't even have to respond to a situation...I can walk away from it until I know how to respond. And if I can't figure out the best way to respond then I simply don't. And sometimes no response speaks volumes. Sorry to ramble.... it helped me to share, hopefully something I said may help you too.

SDIN2T
option_firstname: JR

Post by SDIN2T » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:00 pm

I struggle with the concept of "God's Plan", or any other plan. I also struggle with fate. For me, sometimes when things go bad, it seems like an easy excuse to fall back on "It's all part of the plan".

But there are so many things in my life I can't explain, things I don't understand, the God winks I receive. That's why it's a struggle for me and I have to learn how to have faith in things even when I have trouble accepting it.

:JR
And so rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life - JK Rowling

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Post by vscook » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:11 pm

“Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change.” This is true for us, as well as our ALO's. I don't think we are meant to know God's plan. I only know that when I finally gave up trying to do things my way, I felt as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Keep coming back.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

belkar1
option_firstname: Carmen

Post by belkar1 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:44 am

As Nar A Non is not a religious program, it is a spiritual one. Everyone can find their HP, in different ways. Sometimes the answers we seek begin with the change in US. First, putting us first, finding out what makes US tick.

All we are asked to do is seek a power greater then ourselves. The belief in a higher power can be as simple as wondering how many times a humming birds wings beat in a second.

When my life becomes insane I just HALT, what is it I need ? because the only thing I can change is ME. Is it fun NO, however my path today is a million times more healthy than when I came.

I have found that when I was patient and kind to myself, my answers came. It was up to me weather I wanted to listen to my inner voice, or rail against my sons addiction and relapse. Or focus on the things I can change.

I have given up the illusion of power and control, I can not control my son. He is a grown adult, with all the rights and responsibility's that go along with it.

That does not mean that I love him less it means I love him more. I have faith that he can figure it out, I also have faith in myself that I can too ;)
This is a simple program for complicated people, why? because we are human.

I have strength, hope, courage because I do NOT walk this program alone. Patience can be hard for me, so I look at and change the only thing I can ME.
Love
Belkar