Advise

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

Shainab2
option_firstname:

Advise

Post by Shainab2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:02 pm

i I am new to this group and after reading the posts I don't feel all alone I was looking to see if there were any meeting in my area for me to go to to help understand addiction a little more but I ran across this page and well long story short there's not but hopefully this can give me some insight. I always thought I some what understood addiction considering I have been around it my whole life who knows maybe I was just numb to the situations growing up. I have a 13 year old who is struggling with addiction at the moment I am doing everything in my power to help him but I also think that me fearing that he will feel the abdomen I felt as a child is allowing me to enable the addiction. I love him more then words like you guys all do with your loved ones. I don't and won't just give up but I need to learn how to focus some attention on my self and my 5 year old I feel like paetyn addiction consumes everything down to me even working or kissing my 5 year old goodnight because I'm looking for paetyn in the streets it's no excuse I think the guilt is becoming over whelming. I just need cadence and advise on how to cope with all of this and still help him get help

Dannie
option_firstname:

Re: Advise

Post by Dannie » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:03 pm

We can't give advice but read through as many posts as you can and you will find some tools and wisdom from others. I know there are programs for juveniles out there through probabtion or other agencies. My AS didn't go to rehab until he was an adult but I wish I would have pushed more when he was younger because when they are juveniles we have more control. As adult addicts we do not have ANY control. I just didn't truly know it would manifest itself into something as big as it is now. Good luck to you and keep coming back.