ALO 1/2 way through 28 Inpatient...

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

RaggedyAnn
option_firstname: Tracey

ALO 1/2 way through 28 Inpatient...

Post by RaggedyAnn » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:19 pm

I knew I couldn't in good conscience walk away without giving him the chance to do what HE has to do.

I would have never EVER agreed to moving back into the Home we shared while he is in intensive inpatient rehab if I wouldn't have been in Court with him, early October, and heard for myself when The Judge, His Lawyer, His Probation Officer, and his Counselor ALL agreed that his case had been botched and He had fallen through the cracks!!!

The Judge apologized to him, acknowledged he had done everything above and beyond what he was supposed to be doing, even quoting him saying 'I will go and camp out on the doorstep until I am admitted!!'.

I am doing my best to take care of things until he 'Graduates'. He has an amazing career opportunity guarenteed and waiting for him when he is ready. (I have personally verified this as well.)

What happens with HIS life when he Graduates (scheduled for the last Saturday of this month) is completely up to HIM........

I made a commitment to myself to be there for Him until the end of the year. After that, who knows.

All in All, there are WAAAAYYYYY to many lies, dishonesty (to ME there is a difference between the two), and flat out unacceptable behavior to the beginning of our Friendship / Relationship of four years long before the drug use happened in the last year (to this day as a matter of fact).

Thank y'all for reading....it helps enormously to type it out.

Much Love and Clairity to ALL,

Tracey
“I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish that He didn’t trust me so much.”
— Blessed Teresa of Calcutta

MarieW
option_firstname:

Re: ALO 1/2 way through 28 Inpatient...

Post by MarieW » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:44 pm

Thanks for sharing Tracey. Keep coming back!
The only wrong way to work this program is to not work it.

Jade11
option_firstname:

Re: ALO 1/2 way through 28 Inpatient...

Post by Jade11 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Thanks for sharing, Tracey. ((hugs))
My husband is two months out of a 30-day inpatient rehab. It was his third time doing inpatient.
I remember how I felt the first time he went to inpatient. I thought about how I felt this time around.
This time I decided to take a "wait and see" approach. As long as I could see the evidence he's working on his recovery I was willing to wait.
I also gave myself permission to be flexible. I was willing to change my mind any time I needed to.
I found this worked well for me and still does now that he's home working his recovery. I feel good giving him room and believing he can be successful. I also feel good reserving the right to do what's most healthy for me.