Self care...What did you do this week?

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

Jade11
option_firstname:

Re: Self care...What did you do this week?

Post by Jade11 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:48 pm

What a great topic!
This week I felt a bit rushed and frazzled. My kids are busy with school and clubs, Thanksgiving is coming up and I feel like I'm barely sleeping. We recently started marriage counseling and things feel a little intense with AH. But I'm happy that I did take time to self care every night. I discovered something called the "Korean skincare routine." It taught me how to slow down and take time to pamper myself. Once my kids are in bed I cleanse, mask and moisturize with nice scented products. It's so relaxing! Some days I push through just knowing at the end of the day, I get that time to self care and unwind. :)

endoftheroad
option_firstname: Susan

Post by endoftheroad » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:21 am

This is such a rich topic for this time of year when we all spin out of control trying to keep up with the holiday crazies!

I have daily practices that I have done for years and even if my head is in deep funk, my mind and body know what to do!
I am a swimmer and have been gifted by a cancer organization to a fabulous membership at a local club and I swim 4-5 days a week.

I also have the good fortune to own a horse and so I ride trails, arenas, play with cows and wallow in his beauty and sweetness!

Today, I am so thrilled that hubs and i are going to Sedona over Christmas. It has been a long time between real vacations for us!

Taking care of yourself, I have learned, is what the Divine expects me to do everyday!
I am grateful to have the time and wherewithal to do this so that I can be a better healer myself. (My profession is a bodyworker).

So do that good stuff for yourselves.....blessings to all!
This is the easier softer way.....

vscook
option_firstname: Vicki

Post by vscook » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:38 am

One little thing I like to do for myself is a mani/pedi. It's relaxing for me to sit down on the couch, flip on TV and do my nails. It just a small thing, but it makes me feel cared for.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

time4me?
option_firstname:

Post by time4me? » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:56 pm

Coming back here is one way I take care of myself.

Another way is to go to the gym. I started back when I got my motorcycle, so I can keep it upright. Fast forward 6 months or so. I truly enjoy it now and miss it when I cannot go. Not doing bad for an "older" lady. I've gotten past feeling weird going into the free weights area and now I work out right next to some of the die hards.

emzucker
option_firstname:

Post by emzucker » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:16 pm

My self- care is exercising. I try to run a few days a week, almost always with friends. It is therapeutic for me, I get to enjoy the outdoors and the fresh air, decompress and keep my mind off daily strife and stress.