There goes my mind again......

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

Janetmc61
option_firstname:

There goes my mind again......

Post by Janetmc61 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:55 am

I find my mind drifting in and out today to what I am doing to what is he doing, to what is my life today to what is my life going to be next week, is the rent being paid today, no, will it be paid next week, I don't know. I have so many I don't knows in my life right now. How am I supposed to focus on me if he needs to get money together to pay bills. I am worried he is not going to do it which affects my life! I have so much to learn about how to work this program of take care of yourself, etc. I am in an awful fog this week. I have been in a fog since I found out about all this two weeks ago. First his affair and now his heroin addiction! It's probably very obvious on the board but because I am foggy, can someone point me in the direction of what it is I am supposed to be doing to begin this journey??? Thank you!

grateful
option_firstname:

Re: There goes my mind again......

Post by grateful » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:01 am

Basic steps would be my suggestion. Gratitude list. Assets list. Today's reading in our literature. Practicing HALT. Choosing something from the JFT bookmark and doing it. Doing 1 thing for fun - just for you. Things like listening to a favorite song. Playing Candy Crush. Going to a nursery to see all the new spring flowers. Sitting in the sun and soaking in its warmth. Doesn't have to be big and exciting. Just a little something to do for fun and doing it with mindfulness can help me relax a little.
Last edited by grateful on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seek beauty

Patricia
option_firstname:

Post by Patricia » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:20 pm

I find I have to actively pull myself out of the fog or a funk I am in. I start by asking my HP to take on the worries for me, and then concentrate on those things for which I am grateful. Once I have listed and thanked my HP for all those things, I am getting myself going in the right direction. Sometimes, I do struggle through the day, but there are so many tools to use in the Nar-Anon program, I just look at my notes and find something useful.

Journaling is also useful, and now that I think about it, something I need to get back into more routinely.

Janetmc61
option_firstname:

Post by Janetmc61 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Where do I find the literature etc. that is connected with the program?

DianeB
option_firstname: Diane

Post by DianeB » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:28 pm

The best place to start is by stepping into a meeting.

Pick up the literature there. Get a contact list.

Keep going to meetings....the fog will lift and your way will begin to make sense.

One foot in front of the other, one step at a time.

You can also order literature at Nar-anon.org.

Read as much as you can.
Hugs....

with Love

DianeB

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin

http://nar-anon.org