Afraid of financial situation

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

Janetmc61
option_firstname:

Afraid of financial situation

Post by Janetmc61 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:33 am

Of course, while active, my husband screwed up our financial situation which wasn't much to begin with. He is working, I am working. We are way behind in bill payments. I am so anxious over our rent situation that I couldn't even sleep last night. Yet he sleeps fine and takes his suboxene for treatment. I don't know what to do, I am so angry at him for this but I know I can't change what happened and have no quick fix for the present. Shouldn't he take the responsibility of asking for a loan or something so that we are not evicted? Thank you!

grateful
option_firstname:

Re: Afraid of financial situation

Post by grateful » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:43 am

I understand the worry about finances. I've been there and could go there again since financial wealth can be like a paper bag blown away in a strong wind. What has helped me repeatedly when faced with financial challenges is turning to my HP for guidance and support. I might have to wait for the guidance or the help and do what I need to do for me and what I can change during the day, but the guidance and support will come in my HP's timing and my HP's way. My job is simply to ask for help and then keep an open mind for the guidance that will come.

On the subject of what another should do. Sometimes, what I think another person should do is advice I can give to myself and act on it.

I've also learned when I'm concerned about what someone isn't or is doing and I worry about it when it is their business, they don't have to feel their fear and then deal with their business because I am doing it for them. I'm carrying a burden that isn't mine and the other can sleep peacefully and comfortably because they know its me who'll pick up what is really their burden to carry.

Asking for my HP's guidance and utilizing the Serenity Prayer helps me remember there is a power greater than me who will step in and help me sort things out if I ask and I am able to determine what is mine to change and what is not.
Seek beauty

MarieW
option_firstname:

Re: Afraid of financial situation

Post by MarieW » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:23 pm

I learned not to depend on my ALOs to take action to protect themselves, much less me. I had to do that for myself. Maybe there is someplace you could get free or low cost professional advice on how you might protect yourself financially? A women's clinic or other social services provider?

Keep coming back.
The only wrong way to work this program is to not work it.