Easter Egg Hunt....

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

DeanW
option_firstname:

Easter Egg Hunt....

Post by DeanW » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:55 pm

Well, I had a good Easter celebration. It didn't quite look as I would have liked it to - but, you know, it was still fun and I think everyone who was here enjoyed themselves.

I knew I needed to loosen everyone up. Sooo, before we ate - I planned an Easter Egg Hunt in the woods behind our home. I filled the plastic eggs with money - $1s, $5s, $10s, $20s - and other things written on small pieces of paper....movie, book, steam money, gamestop, dinner alone with G'ma; dinner alone with G'pa; and in one special golden egg, 1 share of Nike stock....ha! Yeah, I spent some money but I looked at it as I rarely see 2 out of my 3 children together and their husbands and my 2 grandsons. I did this all spur of the moment, too - just hit me as a good idea. No one knew I did this - not even my husband.

Oh my, so I told all of them about the Easter Egg Hunt - but, they thought, of course, it was a "normal" one. I even told them - they are plastic eggs that you can - OPEN....only the youngest really got it! Anyway, he started and found the first one with $5 in it and at that point it was a free for all. They ended up giving everything found to the 2 grandsons - but, it was soooo much fun...and definitely an ice breaker.

Also made the incredible coconut poke cake that was mentioned last week here - pure lusciousness not to be had but once a year!

I feel so energized - Yes, I can still have fun - yes, I can still see 2 of my children and husbands and grandsons enjoy themselves and laugh. And, I got some great pictures with people I love with all my heart. Yes, this was a lovely, happy Easter. One still absent - but always in my heart. :)

hopefulNE
option_firstname: Pat

Re: Easter Egg Hunt....

Post by hopefulNE » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:13 am

Glad you had a happy Eastwr with your family.
Enjoy the good moments!
Pat
"Keep Calm and Carry On" - British Ministry of Information, WWII

grateful
option_firstname:

Post by grateful » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:49 am

oooooooo, ooooooooooo, ooooooooooooo and good for you!!!!!!!!! What fun! I loved your idea and I loved how the family responded to it. There is so much in life to celebrate and to enjoy if we allow ourselves to let go, let be, let God, let growth! You did that! Next year, I'll be your adopted 68 yo daughter. Just give me directions and I'll be there with rabbit ears on! I promise to clean up after myself, make my bed and not knock the children over in my rush to find the eggs hidden in the woods!

You gave them an Easter celebration that won't be forgotten that was fun and spontaneous! What a wonderful new memory you helped them form. Program progress is written all over you, Dean!
Seek beauty

MATT'S MOM
option_firstname: Sue

Post by MATT'S MOM » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:23 am

So cool! What a great way to enjoy the family & make fun memories. We can enjoy life!

roadrunner
option_firstname:

Post by roadrunner » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:39 am

What a great idea - thank you for sharing that. I will keep that in mind - can also be used for a scavenger hunt. Never thought of that. glad you guys all had fun. We all need "fun".

time4me?
option_firstname:

Post by time4me? » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:40 pm

Very cool. Glad you had such a good time.

nayr333
option_firstname:

Post by nayr333 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:05 pm

I can picture in my mind without the camera!

so happy for you and that you shared with us. There is always HOPE and yes, we can heal and learn to ENJOY life as it is!

Love
Karen
Nothing changes if nothing changes, Let it begin with me.