Baby steps into Steps 1,2 and 3

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

mkcf
option_firstname: Mary

Baby steps into Steps 1,2 and 3

Post by mkcf » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:13 am

I think I get it now. I am really not in control here. I can't make my sons life what I think it should be. I can only know that my HP is in control and know that if I listen and I'm open to Him, the he will show me the way. I know that things are not going to be a bed of roses. Life is tough. No poor me, if only garbage is going to insulate me or anyone in my family from the tough breaks of life. But, if I listen keenly and trust in my HP the fear lessens, the sadness isn't quite as deep, and I can find joy in some simple pleasures. Today is a day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad. Wow, I really understand what that means on this fine morning. There is hope for me yet.

SDIN2T
option_firstname: JR

Re: Baby steps into Steps 1,2 and 3

Post by SDIN2T » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:03 am

Such great progress!

:JR
And so rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life - JK Rowling

grateful
option_firstname:

Post by grateful » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:22 pm

Whoa! Progress! Don't you just love it when the aha moment appears and our minds can let it in? Thanks for the share. Made me smile.
Seek beauty

Madjo
option_firstname: Pam

Post by Madjo » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:31 pm

"Today is a day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad." I heard this in church today and I repeated it over and over until the Peace came.

I know that my AH was out buying drugs illegally yesterday. His "tells" are so obvious. That and the time frame of "grocery shopping" provides no doubt of where he was. I didn't ask anything, tell what I knew had occurred or get angry. None of that helps - he denies and I would just get angry. This forum and the chat meetings have changed my life. I am such a different person than I was 8 months ago.

hopefulNE
option_firstname: Pat

Post by hopefulNE » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:15 am

Amen!
Happy Easter,
Pat
"Keep Calm and Carry On" - British Ministry of Information, WWII