Please join me in prayer

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: Moderators

Phyllis
option_firstname:

Re: Please join me in prayer

Post by Phyllis » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:30 pm

My thoughts are with you and your son today. I will place him in my God Box. ((((HUGS))))

TrishaB
option_firstname:

Post by TrishaB » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:23 pm

Prayers...

carpediem
option_firstname:

Post by carpediem » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:45 pm

Love, and prayers.
"Enlightened ones only show us the way. We have to do our own work." --The Two-Year-Old Yoga Teacher.

hopefulNE
option_firstname: Pat

Post by hopefulNE » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:54 pm

so sorry about your son's relapse.
Prayers for you both,
Pat
"Keep Calm and Carry On" - British Ministry of Information, WWII

belkar1
option_firstname: Carmen

Post by belkar1 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:14 pm

This is hard, thank you for sharing. I have found trying to carry the heavy sorrow alone made it so much worse. We are here, sending loving comfort, and prayers My your HP hold you tight. You are never alone

Love
Belkar

EMPTY
option_firstname:

Post by EMPTY » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:29 pm

Praying and thinking of you and your son. I too know your pain.
Your boy knows recovery and I pray he finds it very soon.

Love, Maddy

sanibelsusan10
option_firstname:

Post by sanibelsusan10 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:12 am

Hello,
I am a newcomer to this Forum, but not 12 Step groups. That being said, I am so glad to be on this forum site with people that know the power of prayer, and each other. My Daughter is an addict. She is 32 and she told me just yesterday about what has been going on. I am in Hawaii and she and my Granddaughter are in Wisconsin. TOO FAR AWAY. I listened as she told me sobbing about her addiction. She needs help. She said she has been clean a week. I know in my head I can't "fix" her, but my heart says I have try. Please help with your words and prayers. I don't know if should go there, or wait? Please let me know what you know. There are no Nar-Anon meetings here. There is Al-Anon.
Thank you,
Sue

Tina5677
option_firstname:

Post by Tina5677 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:41 am

I know we are here to support one another, encourage, sharing experience strength and hope. "Hope is near!" We must Pray and Believe. I believe we all must do what we can live with, no one can really tell some one else what to do or not to do. Every situation is unique with so many unknown details. I am not a grandmother yet but can only imagine the dynamics that come into play when there is a little one involved. I hear every week, in our meetings,"We are not here to rescue one another" and for a long time, and still on occasion, I want to scream, "Why not?". We want to rescue but we can't, not each other or our loved ones. A slogan that has helped me many times, once I grasped an understanding, "Doing nothing is doing something". And, "I'm confident you will figure this out." We must give our loved ones respect and believe in them, they can do it! To quote the blue book, "If I am willing to stand aside and let God's will be done, I free myself from personal anxiety and a mistaken sense of responsibility." And, "Just for today I will have a program. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests, hurry and indecision." I will say a prayer for our loved ones today, for us today, God will make a way.

adzmom
option_firstname:

Post by adzmom » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:03 pm

Praying for you and your son during this time (((((((HUGS))))))
Luv,
Nic

ktoews
option_firstname: kim

Post by ktoews » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:55 pm

thoughts and prayers with you, your son, and your family. I am sorry you are all experiencing this. Thanks for your courage and your willingness to heal with your share.

Gerilyn
option_firstname:

Post by Gerilyn » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:27 pm

Dear Karen, I felt your pain and tears through your post. I know that heartsick feeling. You are in my prayers. May he find recovery as he has before. And may your HP wrap his arms around you and carry you through this painful time.

Raina
option_firstname: Renee

Post by Raina » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:11 pm

Thinking of you and your son and other loved ones that may be affected. Sending prayers for acceptance, courage, and serenity to all involved.
You are Braver than you Believe, Stronger than you Seem, & Smarter than you Think.
-Christopher Robin

mkcf
option_firstname: Mary

Post by mkcf » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:34 am

My son has also relapsed. We have spent an incredible amount of time and anguish over his lies about his drug use. My husband and I spun wheels for days trying to "help" him. Finally, we realized that all we were doing was completely futile. So many sleepless nights takes a toll on a person. I understand how you feel. Thank you for sharing your prayer. It helps a lot. I will keep you and your son in my prayers. May you both find peace.

FacingFear
option_firstname:

Post by FacingFear » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:17 pm

Thank you for sharing your beautiful and heartfelt prayer. Until this past week, I would not have understood the true meaning and depth of feeling it held. Now I understand all too well. I am so thankful I found this group of amazing people who bind together for strength and comfort. May God bless each of us and those we love.