TUES 2/4, 8:30 PM MEETING : Acceptance with Patience

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: DianeB

TUES 2/4, 8:30 PM MEETING : Acceptance with Patience

Postby MATT'S MOM » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:46 am

Snow, Ice, Shoveling, Snow, Ice, Shoveling---trying to get to work on time, Trying to get out the driveway, trying to clear the path that I need for my car. Add in the situation with our AOL’s and it makes for a stressful time doesn’t it. So in searching for a topic for Tuesday night’s meeting, I came upon page 270,
Acceptance with Patience
“Patience is the ability to endure waiting or a delay without becoming annoyed or upset. “ – It applies to trying to clear out the remains of the snowstorm that dumped on the Philadelphia Area on Monday, and the Ice predicted Tuesday night. It also applies to having patience with our AOL’s. – I like to be in control—when I feel like I have no control (SNOW or Choice made by RAS that I would not make), I feel like I am losing my PATIENCE. I am working on Letting Go and Letting God. – I need to release the things that I can’t control—release my expectations, and experience patience. –
I really liked the Thought for Today on page 270. “Patience is not a matter of having things my way. It is a matter of surrendering and accepting what is and trusting in a (MY) Higher Power to give me what I need when I need it.”
How are you doing with working on Patience?
I’ll be in the chat room Tuesday Night. The light will be on—see you at 8:30.
MATT'S MOM

Re: TUES 2/4, 8:30 PM MEETING : Acceptance with Patience

Postby TryinghardX3 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:17 am

“Patience is the ability to endure waiting or a delay without becoming annoyed or upset."

“Patience is not a matter of having things my way. It is a matter of surrendering and accepting what is and trusting in a (MY) Higher Power to give me what I need when I need it.”

AMEN to this right now!

I will do everything in my power to be there tonight!

"Let your FAITH be bigger than your FEARS
TryinghardX3

Re: TUES 2/4, 8:30 PM MEETING : Acceptance with Patience

Postby MATT'S MOM » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:57 pm

bump
MATT'S MOM

Return to Nar-Anon Family Groups Recovery Forum