NarAnon Materials to start a face to face in Belize

With the understanding that addiction is a disease and the realization that we are powerless over it as well as over people's lives, we are ready to do something useful and constructive with our own.

Then, and only then can we be of any help to others.

Moderator: DianeB

NarAnon Materials to start a face to face in Belize

Postby Lyra » Fri May 18, 2012 7:40 pm

So guys I went on the literature ordering website for NarAnon a couple days ago and it says they are not set up for international ordering and to call a 1-800 number to talk to them. Well my dear watson 1-800 numbers are useless when you call internationally-you still have to pay the (very high) going rate and often end up on hold while your money ticks away. I emailed them at the email contact asking about how I could get NarAnon materials, specifically the meeting starter kit and the little blue books, shipped to Belize. So far, no answer.

If I dont hear from them does anyone have a direct contact? Otherwise Ill just ship them to my Grandma and have her mail it on down to me...but it would be quicker and simpler if I could just get the order through. I have a location, with a wide range of possible times to hold meetings, and at least one other person who is ready to attend (I think there are several others who are interested as well I have to check back with them at the moment). All I need to do is get the literature and a copy of the location key. I dont want to get the key and start figuring out meeting dates until I have materials though. Most people are not going to be familiar with the way this program works and I think having some basic flyers and the little blue books and hopefully eventually some SESH readers would be really helpful.
Lyra

Re: NarAnon Materials to start a face to face in Belize

Postby drinkingwater » Fri May 18, 2012 7:54 pm

Well that seems counterproductive, doesn't it, considering NarAnon prides itself on having meetings all over the world. I'm sorry I don't have any info to help you out with but I hope that someone does!!

::hugs::
Lindsey
"If you're going through hell... keep going." -- Winston Churchill
drinkingwater

Postby river rock » Fri May 18, 2012 8:34 pm

addicts even in paradise ! I think its great Lyra,
I hope you get what you need to start it.
Love River rock
river rock

Postby DianeB » Fri May 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Give them some time. It is a very small office
with only a few volunteers. They will get back
to you. Try again Monday.

Hugs....
with Love

DianeB

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin

http://nar-anon.org
DianeB

Postby Cheryl » Fri May 18, 2012 11:45 pm

Dear Lyra,

You are awesome! If I ever get to Belize, I will come to meetings.

Cheryl
Cheryl

Postby Tako » Sat May 19, 2012 2:20 am

Lyra,

Please use the e-mail address provided under the "contact us" link. wso@nar-anon.org :arrow: http://www.nar-anon.org/Nar-Anon/Contact_Us.html

You can order the New Group Packet: :arrow: http://www.nar-anon.org/Nar-Anon/Nar-Anon_Literature.html

:idea: We start off the meeting with the Serenity Prayer.http://www.naranon.com/board/posting.php?mode=reply&f=1&t=10341# :D
:idea: We read the articles in the Nar-Anon Blue Booklet at the beginning of our meeting (About Addiction, Keeping Our Meetings Healthy, The Twelve Steps and the Twelve Traditions). We also read a statement about the meeting being a "non-crosstalk" meeting.
:idea: We pick topics from the SESH book and the pamphlets on our literature table.
:idea: You can order or print out the "Guide to Local Services." It is about 50 pages long, so put lots of paper in your printer if you choose that method. The guide will answer most of your questions and help you offer a healthy meeting to those who join you.

If you tell them what you want to order, they can weigh it and give you the total price including shipping.

You can reimburse yourself from the contributions you collect.

You can also SKYPE, Cathy, our World Service Office Executive Director!

You go girl!!!!!

Tako
Tako

Postby Lyra » Sat May 19, 2012 2:34 am

Tako, I used that email address and thank you for the info! I read over the email you sent about new meetings just the other day:). I will be patient and see if I get a response in a few days-and will contact them again if I dont. Im kind of raring to go though-I feel like having a face to face to organize will help me stay focused on my recovery so I can let go with love of my ALO and take better care of myself and lessen the pain of the last few days. Doing something that is helpful not only to me but to others-I'm excited about it.
Lyra

Return to Nar-Anon Family Groups Recovery Forum